Top 8 Best Uses For a Toaster Oven
We all know that toaster ovens are great for cooking, baking and toasting. If you own a toaster oven, you probably do these basic tasks with it on a regular basis. However, there are some things you can do with a toaster oven that you have possibly not thought about before! Here are some great uses for toaster ovens that I love.
- Baking potatoes — A toaster oven baked potato makes a great quick snack, or you can bake some to go along with your dinner. Either way, baking potatoes in a toaster oven is something that will never get old to me.
- Reheating food — Let’s face it: reheating food in a microwave can be kind of nasty, and some people hate the idea of using radiation on their food. Toaster ovens are excellent for reheating food; they won’t dry it out like a microwave oven does. Trust me; if you use a toaster oven to reheat pizza, you’ll never want to stick it in a microwave again!
Toaster oven cookies are a family favorite!
Baking cookies & muffins — Who doesn’t love delicious, soft homemade cookies? If you have a decently-sized toaster oven like the Breville BOV800XL which can fit a full-sized baking sheet inside, you can use to to make delicious small batches of cookies & muffins. I’m sure these will always be a hit with your family!
- Use as a second oven — If you find yourself in the position of needing to cook a large meal for a family gathering, having a second mini oven can be a lifesaver! It can also be used to prepare small snacks and appetizers; always great for a party.
- Making a quick breakfast — If you’re on the run in the morning and short on time, you might not always be able to make yourself breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day! A good toaster oven will allow you to set an automatic timer to toast yourself a nice bagel or slice of toast—a perfect breakfast when you’re on the go.
- Making a quick lunch — Who says you can’t eat a healthy and quick lunch? You could broil a fish and some vegetables in almost no time at all, which is far better than taking the kids to McDonald’s. There’s no reason to ever go out for fast food when there’s a toaster oven in the house!
- Baking pizza — Always a fan favorite, toaster oven pizza is delicious and will turns out great if you keep a close eye on it. Again, a large toaster oven the Breville BOV800XL will let you use a full-sized pizza pan, which should be big enough for the entire family.
- Warming plates — While a regular oven will generally only go down to 200°F, a toaster oven can be heated to a lower temperature. This makes it perfect for warming plates.
Do you have any personal favorite uses for your toaster oven that I haven’t listed here? If so, please feel free to leave a comment below! I’d love to hear any great ways to get more use out of my toaster oven, and I’m sure other readers would, too!